Bognor Regis Town Council crest

 Bognor Regis Town Council
"Back to the Best of Bognor"

Bognor Regis Town Council is the parish council serving the central area of the seaside resort of Bognor Regis in West Sussex, as defined by the six electoral wards of Hatherleigh, Hotham, Marine, Marine North, Orchard and Pevensey.

The council is based in the Town Hall in Clarence Road, a 1929 Listed Building. The 16 elected members meet every eight weeks, and in between times in various committees which discuss and resolve matters requiring more detailed consideration.

The council elects a Town Mayor each year who chairs full meetings of the council and undertakes many civic duties, as the town’s first citizen. If there is a majority political party the council also elects a Leader, who takes a lead on policy issues.

The council’s functions can be broadly divided into two main areas; firstly providing local services for residents and visitors that improve the quality of life, such as floral displays, events, allotments and improved street-care services. Secondly, it tries to champion the town’s corner to other statutory providers, for example the District and County Councils and Sussex Police. It does this by commenting on planning applications, consultations or perhaps taking other authorities to task on matters of concern.

The Town Council has recently developed and adopted a Corporate Strategy which sets out its main priorities and what the Council intends to achieve and deliver for the community. Four main priorities have been identified, which are

  • Promoting the Bognor Regis Brand and Town Area
  • Partnership Working and Community Engagement & Empowerment
  • Take on more devolved services
  • Acquiring and creating more community assets

The whole Corporate Strategy document  can be viewed here.  

                                              sunniest bognor logo